Friday, September 4, 2015

Meet The Team Series: David England

{Meet The Team}
      A George’s Blog Series


David England
Catering Manager - Dead End Maryville

Years Employed at Dead End: 3 Years

Where Are You From: Portland, Oregon


Tell us a little about yourself…

I’ve been in the barbecue business for nineteen years. When I moved to Tennessee, I joined the team at Damon’s Grill in Pigeon Forge. I worked for that company for 16 years managing, catering and building relationships in the community. After Damon’s, I came to Dead End BBQ Knoxville to work in their catering department.
Now I am the Catering Manager at Dead End Maryville, bringing our East Tennessee barbecue to Blount County and spending as much time with my beautiful daughter Amiah as I can.

When you are at work, what is your “go-to” meal?

Spicy BBQ Wings.

What is your favorite saying that has been posted on the Dead End Sign?

“Loading…”

Share a memorable experience you’ve had during your time at Dead End…


Last fall, I catered a wedding in Friendsville at the family’s farm. It was going to be a casual get together in the field with friends and family to celebrate the newlyweds. They had asked for me to bring the smoker to give a little ambiance at the reception. Little did I know they were providing their own kind of ambiance for the ceremony… Right as the preacher said,” You may now kiss the bride!” two people from the wedding party stood up, rifle in hand and fired shots in the air. Yee-hawww!

No comments:

Post a Comment