Monday, June 1, 2015

Meet The Team Series: Neal Kelly

{Meet The Team}
      A George’s Blog Series



Neal Kelly
General Manager - Dead End Knoxville

Years Employed at Dead End: 4+ Years

Where Are You From: Boston, but I have lived in Knoxville and East TN for almost 30 years.

Tell us a little about yourself…

I’ve been in the restaurant business most of my professional life. I worked for OSI (Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish Grill) for 17 years. I grew up in Miami and attended high school in Atlanta. For college, I went to Emory University. I began my restaurant career working for Steak and Ale for 10 years, most of that time in Johnson City. Before joining Dead End, I had the tremendous privilege of helping Bill Regas and his family close Regas Restaurant.

When you are at work, what is your “go-to” meal?

The sausage and cheese appetizer.


What is your favorite saying that has been posted on the Dead End Sign?

“Show HIM how much you love HIM. Let us cater your wedding!!!”


Share a memorable experience you’ve had during your time at Dead End…


A couple of years ago, a travel crew with a television station from The Netherlands came to Tennessee to produce an episode highlighting Tennessee. They chose Chattanooga for Civil War history, Nashville for music and Knoxville for barbeque. We were the restaurant chosen to represent Tennessee Barbeque!!! The crew was fun and everyone had a great time. That was the day Dead End BBQ went INTERNATIONAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment